Wednesday, November 11, 2009

One eye on the sparrow and the other watching me.

I thought I would give you a blow by blow report as I continued on my journey, but decided that wasn't a good idea when I was down in the "pit" over the weekend and beyond. I learned that you can do hard things for a while and it's OK, but to keep on for an extended period of time is daunting. My hand had started to swell and as a result, to hurt. I called the doctor and was told to keep it elevated, and continue using ice and Tylenol. So I did yesterday and indeed it stopped hurting. In fact I got up feeling so good this morning I decided to surprise Bill and make coffee. I got out the new coffee filters and found I couldn't open them. Bill cut them open. I got out the coffee and the pitcher of water and found I couldn't lift the pitcher to pour straight. So Bill poured it. So much for surprises!

I told Bill I could unload the dishwasher from last night's dishes and reload it. After he went to work I did that and got the garbage ready to take out, but I couldn't tie it. I cleaned the table and the counters and got meat out to defrost. Then because my hand was swollen and hurt again, even though it hadn't done any of the work, I took Tylenol and sat on the sofa with my arm elevated and covered with ice for 45 minutes. But God told me to be quiet and listen to the lyrics of my favorite Southern Gospel CD and look at my pretty backyard.

We have a new crop of roses, and our white camelias are starting to bloom. There was a pair of mocking birds playing in the neighbor's Birch tree and they kept me entertained for quite a while. The sky is light grey (not my favorite sky color) and all the trees in our neighbor's yard are turning from green to gold and will soon be red. It was a peaceful scene as I listened to "I know, yes I know Jesus died to make the vilest sinner clean," "Loving God, loving each other," He has one eye on the sparrow and the other watching me," "He came down to my level when I couldn't get up to His," and "At the cross, at the cross where I first saw the light and the burden of my sins rolled away, it was there by faith that I first saw the light and now I am happy all the day." Indeed! My goal for today is an attitude of gratitude.
Insightfully yours,
Paulita

No comments:

Post a Comment