Thursday, March 30, 2017

Can't We Just Get Along?

It has been a long time since I posted my frustration of last year. I finished Coming Home at Starbucks and published it last December. Now I'm on to other writing projects. That was to be my "Swan Song" but I can't stop writing.
This blog has nothing to do with writing, only every day life, but isn't that what life is about anyway?
A week or so ago I complained to my husband that it was hard to get to the table at the rear of our office because our chairs were in the middle of the room blocking the way. We each have a desk facing opposite walls. His chair fits under his desk neatly but mine only  fits diagonally. We decided we'd each push our chairs in when we were through with them, but what we DID was let each other know when we pushed THEIRS in.
My husband decided my chair would fit under my desk if it were lowered each time it was put away and raised only when in use. After plopping down on the lowered chair several times, not realizing it was low, I decided I didn't like that method of his reminding me that I hadn't pushed my chair in. He didn't seem to mind my telling him I had pushed his dinnertime chair in after dinner.
I didn't like this tit-for-tat, tattle-tale game. It wasn't fun for me, although it seemed to be for him.
We decided on a better way to do things. Now when we see either of our chairs in the way, we put it where it belongs, mainly in the office where this whole thing started. I push his chair in without saying anything and he pushed mine in without saying anything. We help each other.
New thought? It works!

No comments:

Post a Comment