Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Weeds

There is a difference between making my garden look lovely, and serious weeding. Often I merely clean up the ground between plants by pulling out the little weeds or cutting them off with a hoe. The last time I did that my husband came along and said, "You know if you'd flood that area first, you could easily pull the entire weed out, root, nut, and all."

I knew he was right. If I didn't pull out or kill each root, I'd only delay its eventual re-growth. The root could even travel underground and erupt elsewhere in my garden.

So goes my life. I can hide my sins for a while, but if I don't allow my heart to be flooded with God's word, and then confess my sins to God, He cannot cleanse and forgive me. The same sins will crop up again, suddenly emerging where I don't expect them. Just looking good isn't enough.
Insightfully yours,
Paulita

No comments:

Post a Comment