Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Part of the Plan

I am part of the  plan of redemption. When I get up in the morning, I am a missionary: "one on one" with someone in my world. For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," put His light in my heart so I might know Him through Jesus Christ. But God never said, "Go and make disciples and good luck." He never said, "Here are the rules, good luck." He said, "I will be with you." And so I am like a clay jar holding a great treasure. The all-surpassing power comes from God, not from me.
Am I qualified to be a missionary? No, but He doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called. My job is just to show up as a minister of reconciliation in a world that hates Jesus Christ. I am to know peace with God, be at peace with myself, and have peace with others. I am to major in salt and light, resisting evil and showing God's direction.
I may be a paragraph in someone's life, a sentence, a chapter, or maybe just a comma, but I will never be the whole book. Nevertheless, I am called to be part of the plan.
Insightfully yours,
Paulita

No comments:

Post a Comment