Thursday, December 9, 2010

Gifts for and from the Poor

There are times when I feel like I cannot be as generous as I'd like to be, especially this time of the year when we get gift catalogs - NO, not the kind you're think of, but from charitable organizations like World Vision, Partners International, and Food for the Hungry. Did you know you can buy rabbits, chickens, goats, cows, wells for clean drinking water, and even small dwellings for people who do not have these things? I've always let my grandchildren pick out something inexpensive from these catalogs to send overseas. Only last year did Stephen ask if anyone was going to eat the bunnies he picked out. I assured him that his bunnies were for breeding so the people would have lots of rabbits later if they needed meat. Whew!

Well, that aside, this year due to medical bills we decided we didn't have enough money to buy Christmas presents for the family, so I put together a book of stories to give to our family groups. Guess what my daughter pointed out to me when we visited a Starbucks last week. The slogan for this year on the Starbucks hot cup holders says,"Stories are Gifts! SHARE
Insightfully yours,
Paulita

No comments:

Post a Comment